Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Month 16, part D

I’m quite late with my report on last week’s clinic visit. I probably failed to get this out sooner in part because very little changed from the week before, so this will be short. Here are my blood counts:

...... last week current normal

..... ---------- ------- ---------
WBC.. 11.9 ..... 7.6 ..... 4 – 11
Hgb.. 11.8 ..... 11.6 ... 14 – 18
Plt.. 265 ...... 207 ... 150 – 400

All my meds stayed the same and there was nothing remarkable about my vitals, etc. My pulse ox was up to 93% from about 91 or 92 the last few weeks. This is still quite low, but the improvement is a bit encouraging. I didn’t realized how low a reading of 91% is until I did some reading. While there is concern about a reading of 91%, if it got below 90%, it could be a real problem.

My main complaints right now are that I have periods of fairly extreme cramping in my hands. It seems to happen most when I am holding something in my hands like a newspaper or playing cards (I’ve been playing a fair amount of bridge lately). There is also some cramping in my feet and legs. My potassium levels are fine, so I don’t know why there is the cramping. I am drinking tonic water because the quinine in it is supposed to help. I don’t know how much it does so.

Yesterday marked 16 months since the transplant, so I’ve started the 17th month. I am titling this month 16, however, because it is a late entry for last week. I’ll try to do better this week.

Love,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home