Monday, December 26, 2005

Month 17, part A

Merry Christmas. Again this week, there’s not much to report. My blood counts are still bouncing around the range that have been.

...... last week current normal

..... ---------- ------- ---------
WBC.. 7.6 ...... 6.6 ..... 4 – 11
Hgb.. 11.6 ..... 11.7 ... 14 – 18
Plt.. 207 ...... 223 ... 150 – 400

The only change in my meds was that the Prednisone was reduced from 20 to 15 mg. per day. My pulse ox was back down to 91% from 93 last week, but the doctor actually seemed fairly unconcerned, thinking it would go back up on its own eventually.

My hands sometimes still cramp quite a bit when I do fine motor work with them. I got a chance to play tennis on Friday because it was relatively warm, and while I certainly didn’t play great tennis, it was a lot better than I feared it might be in terms of getting winded, etc. I am encouraged by how I was able to exert myself for an extended period.

I’m going back to the clinic again this Thursday, but the doctor hopes to be able to start stretching out the frequency of my visits soon because it seems that not much is changing and the modifications to my meds will be gradual.

Love,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home