Monday, August 16, 2004

Day -4

Once again, there’s not much to report. I’m still feeling good after 4 days of chemo. I was not neutropenic for the second day in a row and that will change soon.

WBC – 2.2
Hgb – 9.6
Plt – 41
ANC – 1.7

Tomorrow, I start my last 2 days of chemo with a different drug which could be a bit rougher, but I probably won’t feel the effects for a day or two. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but they are planning on transplanting all 5.1 million stem cells that Lisa donated. Today, the doctor said he was quite confident that the engraftment would take successfully, partly because it usually does (maybe a 2% failure rate), and partly because I had only 8% blasts in my bone marrow which is relatively low. He still is quite optimistic about the possibilities of a cure.

I thought you might enjoy this picture of my sister, Lisa and myself:



Justin and Lisa a few years ago - we think I was 4 1/2 and Lisa was 2 1/2

1 Comments:

Blogger Namenlosen Trinker said...

That's just the way I remember you!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home