Friday, December 17, 2004

Day 119

At my weekly clinic appointment yesterday, my blood counts were good.

WBC – 4.7 (up from 3.7 and in the normal range)
Plt – 190 (down from 198, but still in the normal range)
Hgb – 10.8 (up from 10.7, and still a little below the normal range of 11 – 18)
ANC – 3.6 (up from 2.7 3 weeks ago and well into the normal range)

I had some minor health issues this past week, including some intestinal cramps, a mild sore throat, and a couple of restless nights, but nothing serious. I’m still taking Neupogen once a week to keep the WBC up and although the doctor had said last week that he hoped we could skip the appointment next week, he decided that I should come in, mainly to keep an eye on my creatinine levels, which are a bit high but not dangerously so. I think I previously referred to this as creatine levels, but I now think that creatine is a supplement one takes to enhance anaerobic performance. Creatinine is a byproduct of creatine, but is also what they measure in the blood to see how the kidneys are doing.

Not much else that’s new.

Love,
Justin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Justin! Just the suggestion that you might have been able to skip a weekly visit, even if it didn't turn out to be true, seems like a major milestone to me.

Love,
Lisa

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home