Saturday, February 26, 2005

Day 190

I had a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration yesterday and it was probably the least painful that I’ve had yet (it is either the eighth or ninth). The most painful part was the local anesthetic shot.
They also did a CBC, which they do every time I go in. My blood counts were very close to last week’s, down slightly.

WBC – 3.3, down from 3.6, normal range is 4 – 11
Hgb – 11.1, down from 11.2, normal range is 14 – 18
Plt – 220, down from 240, normal range is 150 – 400

Although I didn’t get to see the doctor this time, I got a nurse to give me a copy of my lab results and I was very glad to see my liver enzymes were down significantly. My AST-SGOT was down to 49 from about 65 with 42 being normal, and my ALT-SGPT was down to 76 from about 115 with 40 being normal. I’m not letting myself get too excited this time around and I’m sort of making this up, but maybe if those enzymes stay down, they will cut back on my Cellcept (anti-rejection) this week (if they wean enough, do I become a weanie?). Maybe it means my new immune system is backing off on its attack of its host. I can hope without getting overly excited.

Meanwhile, I continue to feel quite good. I seem to have a runny nose today and hope it doesn’t get much worse.

Love,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home