Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Day -3

OK, this must be getting boring for you because so little has changed. Today’s counts indicate I am in my third day of not being neutropenic.

WBC 1.8
Hgb 9.4
Plt 36
ANC 1.5

This means visitors don’t have to wear masks. Also, today it meant that I could take my first shower because I had to wait 5 days following the insertion of my Hickman catheter in my chest/neck so it could heal enough to not get infected, but I also can’t shower when I’m neutropenic and I will be neutropenic again soon.

Today, I got my first of 2 days of the second chemotherapy drug, but my body hasn’t noticed anything different. The doctor said it would probably take a few days before I felt the effects.

No more cute pictures to offer. Please know that your love, prayers, support ARE helping. I’m convinced that it is partly why I’m still feeling so good spiritually and mentally. I still feel good physically also, but I don’t expect that to last and I know that I will still be getting strength from you.

Love from the hospital…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home