Saturday, April 02, 2005

Day 225

This is going to sound a lot like my last post because not much has changed. All my blood levels are close to the same and once again, my meds have not changed.

WBC – 3.0 down from 3.1
Hgb – 11.0 up from 10.8
Plt – 281 up from 252 (and I believe the highest I’ve seen it in over 4 years)
AST-SGOT – 41, up from 33 with 10 – 42 being normal
ALT-SGPT – 47, up from 43 with 10 – 40 being normal

The doctor seems pleased with the way things are going and still wants my liver enzymes (AST/ALT) in the normal range before starting to cut back my meds. Plus, while my intestinal cramping is better than it was, there is still some, and he believes it is GvHD. He says that while it is tempting to rush the weaning from meds a bit, his experience tells him it’s better to not. So while I am getting more anxious to start weaning, I am trusting the doctor who has done hundreds or thousands bone marrow transplants, more than my own experience of not yet having made it through one.

Love,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home