Thursday, August 19, 2004

Day -1

It’s my “day of rest” before the transplant tomorrow. My counts are now down and this will be my last day of not being neutropenic until the new marrow starts producing cells starting at about Day +9 or so.

WBC .9
Hgb 9.3
Plt 27
ANC .7

I still feel OK, but am definitely not feeling as well as I was. I’m losing my appetite and the doctor encouraged me to not make myself eat. They will give me all the nutrition I need intravenously, and if I develop some of the gastrointestinal problems that are fairly common, I may be glad I don’t have food in me.

Not feeling quite as well sort of changes how I feel about everything, but I am still positive and confident. I never expected to feel well all the way through and all I have to do is get through the hard parts, which I can do. It still helps to know you are all out there pulling for me.

Love ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home