Saturday, August 21, 2004

Day +1

I feel a bit better than yesterday, although I am being pumped so full of all kinds of drugs, that I fluctuate between feeling weak or flushed or tired to feeling pretty good. I know it could have been worse thus far, so I’m working on being grateful. I am going to be shut in this room for a while, so I’m doing one day at a time. It also can get a bit discouraging thinking about all the drugs going into my body. I realize they are doing a good job of making me feel OK, so I’m thankful for that, but for someone who would only rarely take an analgesic… Well, I look forward to getting off the drugs.

WBC .5
Hgb 9.1
Plt 22
ANC .4

Hanging in there …

1 Comments:

Blogger Namenlosen Trinker said...

My observationFrom having visited with Justin Friday (Day 0) and Sunday (Day +2), I'd say he is obviously feeling quite a bit more tired. He's also restless, which is not like him. He has trouble finding a position that's comfortable. Finally, he has a slight fever. I remember a nurse saying earlier that they don't get concerned until his temperature reaches 100.5 and he's still well below that.

As Justin says in this post, things could be going so very much worse. I'm very pleased with how well he's doing overall.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home