Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Day 32

Yesterday, Day 31 (one month anniversary of the actual transplant!), I spent much of the day getting a new Hickman catheter placed. It was supposed to happen at 1:00 PM, and I was supposed to go into the clinic at about 12:30, so I got a ride and left home at shortly after noon. After getting my tests done at the clinic, they said they were running behind at the hospital where the central lines are done so it would be closer to 2:00. (BTW, the hospital and clinic are on the same campus, just a few hundred yards apart.) Well I didn’t actually see the surgeon until about 4:00 PM and didn’t get home until almost 5:30PM. It seemed like a long time to be sitting around waiting for a fairly simple procedure, but I guess it wasn’t much worse than sitting around at home.

I got a glimpse at my blood counts:
WBC – 5.5
Hgb – 12.1
Plt – 272

So they are continuing to look good. Only my hemoglobin is below normal (14), but it continues to rise.

Today, Day 32, I felt extra tired all day and wound up sleeping a good deal into the afternoon. When I sleep (night or day), it’s never for long stretches. At night I’m glad if I get one or two stretches of 2 hours. The rest of the time, I generally only sleep for a half hour or hour at a stretch.

Your tired but feeling good friend,
Justin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin -
Glad everything is going so well, even though you are so tired. Any idea on why your sleep sessions are so short?
A hug for you and Jody -
Marcia

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home