Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Day +5

I’m still feeling good today. The doctor is happy with the way things are going. He says the train is coming and will arrive Sunday morning – that’s when the blood counts should go up from the new bone marrow. One of the nurses says that some patients go home on Day +10 which is Monday. I’m not counting on it, but it’s nice to think about going home that soon. As I go to bed, my temperature is up to 100.2. If it gets to 100.5, they do a bunch of things to make sure I’m not infected somehow. I think my temperature has tended to go up in the evening, so maybe it will go down by morning. Then again, maybe not.

WBC .1
Hgb 7.8
Plt 11
ANC 0.0

I got transfused with platelets and 2 units of red blood cells and the counts above were prior to the transfusions. They actually draw the blood for labs at about 5:00 AM every day. I may need one or two more transfusions before Sunday.

Still feeling good and grateful …

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you yesterday. Thanks for explaining all the procedures. We're pulling for Monday for you to get home. Hang in there. Lots of love

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home