Thursday, August 26, 2004

Day +6

I’ve definitely swung back to the low energy, less appetite state that I was in last weekend. I actually wound up sleeping most of the day. The doctor this morning said that he’s pretty sure that the elevated temperature last night was due to the platelet transfusion. At any rate, it backed off and has been in the same range it’s been for quite a while. The doctor gave me an A+ this morning.

As the night wears on, my temperature is climbing again. It was last measured at 100.0° and at 100.5°, they go through the whole fever spike routine. As my day nurse was going off, she said she thinks it would be good if I spiked a fever before I left the hospital because almost everyone does it at some time and if not at the hospital, then usually at home which requires another stay in the hospital. She also believes that having it before I leave makes it less likely that it will happen at home. I believe her, but have no control over that.

WBC .2
Hgb 9.0
Plt 22
ANC 0.0


Another day closer to coming home …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home